Monday, June 26, 2006

Mocking Ann Coulter Has Become A National Pastime



I had it all worked out. I was going to write this sarcastic letter to the psychopathic Dragon Lady herself, Ann Coulter, begging to be included in her next book’s list of traitors deserving execution. God knows my blog could use the publicity. Unfortunately, Henry Rollins (that guy who sometimes uses my name) saw fit to beat me to the punch by penning his own letter to Ann. It’s way funnier than anything I could come up with, so you should probably just read it instead.

As for my own take on Ms. Coulter: I think she has become the mainstream equivalent of Fred Phelps. She has discovered that by making progressively more controversial and offensive remarks, she can garner major media coverage, which of course will lead to higher book sales. The most constructive way to deal with such a person is to rob her of the publicity she so desperately seeks. In other words, we should all collectively ignore her.

1 Comments:

Blogger SikeChick said...

I think you are totally right about Ms. Coulter's fame-whoring. The fact that people chose to make a big deal of her inane statements is beyond me. I don't even have kids, and I know when someone is childishly saying things to goad a reaction.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home